Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 6 of Illinois Journey

I reached Lincoln IL today about 1:30 pm. Thank goodness - I am in a place to stay for a while! I have unloaded the car, unpacked my things and settled into my suite quite happily. I am now on a mission to find a grocery store to stock up on lunch and dinner items (hot breakfast served each day by the hotel) then hoof it across the parking lot to Cracker Barrel for dinner tonight. I really quite like my room - it will do nicely as a home away from home!
Sitting room area...
Kitchen area...
and Bedroom space...

So I think I'll do OK!

Now that I'm here and settled, it is on to the meat of the trip. I will review all of my files - which are many - and figure out my plan of attack for the week. I will probably go visit some cemeteries tomorrow, as it may rain Monday and Tuesday. If I do that, and get some information as to death dates, etc., then I can move on to county records' offices and start finding some documents for these people. I am planning at least one day in Springfield at the state archives for some information, but much of the stuff I need pre-dates the state recording years, so will have to be found at the county level. Plus I need to find where C.B. Keller (my dad's father's father) and Gustav Winter (my dad's mother's father) are buried so that I can begin their searches. I need a place to start and work backward! I'll post as I gather information. So...here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment