Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 1 of Illinois Journey

Nothing much to report tonight. Very uneventful, beautiful drive from Goodyear AZ to Gallup NM. There is not much drivable Route 66 for this section. I took some pictures of the Wigwam Hotel, but they are pretty bad. I'll get another shot on my way back and post them! I listened to some Frank, Sammy and Dean to start the trip off in honor of my dad (his favorites!), then switched to Nat King Cole for the Route 66 song once I hit I-40! That got me jazzed! Then I went to my current audio book, and listened to that the rest of the way. Like I said - fairly uneventful!

Tomorrow - on to Amarillo, Texas. I am staying at The Big Texan Motel. They also have a steak house connected to them, and both are recommended by the Historical Route 66 Federation, so I figured they were safe! Hopefully I'll have pictures to post tomorrow.

Drew - I couldn't find a postcard tonight, but I promise I'll find one tomorrow and send it off. Goodnight!

Addendum Wed. 9/21
The first picture of the Wigwam Motel wasn't too horrible, so here it is:
I still want some better photos on the trip back!


This is where I stayed Monday night

No comments:

Post a Comment