Tuesday, August 9, 2011

First Post

Now that I have a blog, I have to remember to write something in it so people can read it! This may be a difficult thing for me to do. The remembering part that is, not the writing! As I said in the Illinois roots page, I am taking off on a journey to Illinois to do some long-awaited research. I leave on September 19 and return on October 10. In the meantime, I am going to continue my background work gathering information online and from county offices. I have sent written requests for some documents, and am going to visit the Alameda county and Contra Costa County offices in California to gather others. I am also going to make a trek to some cemeteries in California - Golden Gate National Cemetery in San Francisco and Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Sebastopol - to take pictures of headstones and document the burials of my parents and grandparents. I also have a few online classes to finish - a basic family history skills class, a brief overview of researching in Illinois, and a more in-depth class on cemetery research. So that is my plan for the next few weeks before I head east on Route 66.

2 comments: