Monday, January 16, 2012

Marriage Certificate for CB Keller and Ella Nora Howard

Well...I ordered a copy of CB and Ella Nora's marriage certificate from Nebraska, and there it was in today's mail!! I was eagerly awaiting this new piece of information so that I could possibly search out CB's birthplace. There is family lore that he came from the Baltimore area, and one census entry lists his birthplace as Maryland, but you never know. Until today.

The marriage license information not only had his place of birth, but listed both of his parents' names, as well as his mother's maiden name. What a treasure trove! Charles Byron Keller was indeed born in Baltimore, Maryland, to William L and Julia E. (Hawk) Keller. Wow!

So now it is off to Ancestry to begin searching the census for William and Julia, and see what I find. I will be busy with that for a few days, until I come up with enough evidence to make any sort of statement, but I will post when I find out anything definite.

No comments:

Post a Comment