Monday, October 10, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I made it home this afternoon without much ado. The drive from Gallup was uneventful, other than the ever-present road work, and multiple lane closures! ARGH!!! I was glad to finally be off the road, and everyone here was glad to see me home. The kids had big hugs for Nana, and many "I missed you"s were said with feeling. That's always nice, and I really missed all of my family, but especially the little ones!

My next plans for my genealogy journey is to sort through all that I learned while I was gone, and then go check out the Family History Library in Mesa, which is about an hour away. I would love to plan a weekly trip over there for a while to research the lines that I have started working on. I also need to work on documentation for DAR membership, as I have two lines of ancestors that have Revolutionary War soldiers.  So those are my goals for now.

To begin with, I will continue to work on CB Keller, and find his and Ella Nora's marriage information from Nebraska. I also am anxiously awaiting the information I ordered on August Winter to see if he is my August Winter. So I definitely have some leads to follow up on.

Thanks for following along on this journey, and I hope you come back and check on my progress form time to time. As I said the other day, I will keep up with the blog, updating finds that I make, and trying to put in something at least weekly. So, it is on to the next chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment